To ring in the New Year we decided to go low key and spend a quiet evening with friends Brian and Kris. I work with Brian and Kris is his girlfriend. The four of us first met at their place in Central Austin where we met their new puppy Payton (a Rhodesian Ridgeback). He was super cute and very sleepy! Then we set off for our dinner plans at Vin Bistro, a small, cozy restaurant that boasts its wine list and American Bistro style cuisine. Both couples split their own crab/shrimp cakes (which rocked), ordered a few glasses of German Reisling (my fav wine) and entrees. Alex, Kris and I all had the Sea Bass which was good yet nothing special while Brian ordered the Tuna. Despite the pretentious, unspecial food (I hear their regular menu is much better) we were surrounded with great company and a relaxing ambiance. At the strike of midnight the restaurant passed around glasses of free champagne, hats, and noisemakers. We had fun, we’ll have to follow suit next year as I desired nothing more for the evening.
Ok and now a list of my resolutions (or the ones I remember):
1) Don’t sweat the small stuff…..take all of 2008’s roadblocks in stride
2) Decide on and buy a wedding dress by mid-February
3) Become more active in the blogsphere
4) Be better with my corresondence whether it be via phone, email, blog (see above), or snail mail
5) now this last one may seem trite and superficial….but what the hell, Wear my hair down more often, I always pay a good amount to get my hair cut and colored, why not show it off. plus I know I’m much more confident when my hair is done, rather than just thrown up in a ponytail/bun
–alright so there it is, maybe I’ll actually stick to a few of these :-) and I know that I’ve left out one or two, I definetly thought of a really good one while at work today…..oh well!
Entry filed under: Uncategorized.